A RESORT RICH WITH HISTORY… AND HISTORY IN THE MAKING.
Deeply entwined with Arizona history since 1929, The Wigwam welcomes you to come make a little history of your own. Stretching over 440 lushly landscaped acres, our elegantly crafted adobe-and-timber luxury resort provides a rich palette of experiences to suit your every occasion-whether business, romance, relaxation or rollicking family fun. From dawn’s first blush to the tangerine streaks of our Sonoran Desert sunsets, each day at The Wigwam is awash in endless possibilities.
The Wigwam was originally built in 1918 as a gathering place for the Ohio-based executives of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company who discovered the West Valley of Phoenix as a prime location to grow cotton for rubber production. As the retreat grew in popularity, additional accommodations and amenities were added and in 1929 The Wigwam opened as a full-service resort with accommodations for just 24 guests.
In its 100-year history, this Phoenix resort has hosted some of the world’s most recognized public figures and sports legends and maintains a reputation as one of the Southwest’s landmark resort destinations. Today, The Wigwam continues to be a travel tradition for generations of families across the globe offering an entirely unique Arizona family resort experience where casual elegance meets historic charm
- Three sparkling pools, including a kids fun zone with two waterslides, a splash pad, as well as private cabanas and relaxing Jacuzzis.
- Dining options featuring Litchfield’s, Red’s Bar & Grill, The Wigwam Bar, and The Tower Pool Bar & Grill.
- Arizona’s only resort with 54 holes of championship golf, including two golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. courses.
- Nine lighted, paved tennis courts including one full size stadium court and full service pro shop.
- Fitness Center offering premier cardio and Nautilus equipment, a motion studio and daily fitness offerings.
- A 26,000-square-foot full service spa & salon featuring 12 treatment rooms, steam room, sauna, and a private swimming pool.
- Two custom built, regulation bocce ball courts, sand volleyball court, bike rentals and yard games.
- State-of-the-art golf club rental.
- We offer complimentary shuttle service to and from The Tanger Outlets at Westgate every Thursday through Sunday from 10am – 6pm. Pick up at the resort is at the Wigwam front Drive. Our shuttle will also service points within a 5 mile radius from the resort. All reservations for the shuttle can be made directly with our Bell Desk. The Wigwam shuttle seats 14.
- Concierge, Front Desk and PBX Operators available to assist guests with information about local attractions and restaurants.
- Same day laundry and dry cleaning services available for items turned in before 8am.
- ADA transportation is available upon request (with a 24-hour notice). Accessible transportation can be arranged at Front Desk.
- 331 spacious casitas, including 70 suites (with two presidential suites)
- In-room coffee service, cable TV, refrigerators and wireless internet
- Expansive private patios overlooking pools, gardens, tennis courts or golf courses