A RESORT RICH WITH HISTORY…
The Organization House was opened as the first building on property as a meeting place for The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.
On Thanksgiving Day, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company opened “The Wigwam” as a guest ranch.
In 1930, the first nine-hole golf course was developed.
V.O. “Red” Allen expanded the course to 18 holes and became the first golf pro at The Wigwam.
Robert Trent Jones, Sr. was brought in to oversee the development of a second 18-hole golf course and rebuild the first. The new 36 holes were renamed as the “Blue Course” and the “Gold Course.”
In the fall of 1979, two plush Presidential suites, the Oraibi and the Bacabi, were constructed. Named after the oldest Native American village in Arizona, the Oraibi suite features more than 5,000 square feet of elegant Southwestern furnishings and decor.
The Wigwam features 331 elegant rooms, 3 signature dining venues, 54 holes of championship golf, 3 pools and a 26,000 sq. ft. spa across 440 lush acres, representing relaxed Southwest luxury at its finest.