CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): OUR COMMITMENT TO GUESTS
ISSUED MARCH 17, 2020 at 11:00 AMPM EST
To Our Valued Guests,
At The Wigwam our priority is first and foremost the safety and well-being of our guests and team members. We continue to closely follow the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, both domestically and abroad. We are in regular contact with local authorities. Our teams are monitoring the most up-to-the-minute information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Governor’s Office of Arizona, and the Mayor’s Office of Litchfield Park.
We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness across our entire hotel. We have implemented heightened precautions in sanitization, disinfection, and cleaning measures as guided by the CDC and WHO. We are undertaking the following measures to maintain a safe and healthy environment:
- We have implemented new cleaning protocols which follow U.S. Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization recommendations. Our cleaning team is using peroxide-based cleaners that are effective against viruses.
- We are in constant communication with our team members to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both guest facing and back of the house areas. High traffic areas are being cleaned with increasing frequency.
- All departments have implemented hand washing and sanitizing procedures to take place multiple times during the day.
- All team members are prohibited from reporting to work with a respiratory illness that can be transmitted to others.
- If at any point a guest feels ill, they should stay in their room and contact the front desk immediately. A member of our team will inform you of your options and take the proper steps to ensure the we all stay safe.
Travel Flexibility and Support
In response to changing marketplace conditions, The Wigwam is committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
Therefore, we are implementing the following policies:
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Our team takes great pride in the role we play in the lives of our customers and guests. Rest assured that as circumstances continue to develop, one thing will remain constant: We will make our decisions with the health and well-being of our customers, guests, team members, and community as our highest priority.
Managing Director and General Manager