The Wigwam Resort is a direct descendant of Arizona’s early cotton ranching business. When Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company discovered that long-staple cotton extended the life of their tires, the company bought 16,000 acres of land for cotton farming. In 1918, the company established the Organization House, the first building on the site, as lodging for ranch suppliers.
A portion of the original structure, The Organizational House, remains as the cornerstone of The Wigwam’s authenticity and southwestern charm. Learn more on our Resort History page.