Resort Fact Sheet
The Wigwam was originally built in 1918 as a gathering place for the Ohio-based executives of Goodyear Tire & Rubber who discovered the West Valley of Phoenix as a prime location to grow cotton for rubber production. As the retreat grew in popularity, additional accommodations and amenities were added and in 1929 The Wigwam opened as a full-service resort with accommodations for just 24 guests.
In its 86-year history, this Phoenix resort has hosted some of the world’s most recognized public figures and sports legends and maintains a reputation as one of the Southwest’s landmark resort destinations. Today, The Wigwam continues to be a travel tradition for generations of families across the globe offering an entirely unique Arizona family resort experience where casual elegance meets historic charm. In December 2009, The Wigwam was purchased by JDM Partners, led by sports icon Jerry Colangelo.
In January 2011, the resort unveiled the completion of a multi-million dollar rejuvenation project and re-launch under its original name – The Wigwam.
- Three pools, including a brand-new main pool that feature dual waterslides, water play features and luxury cabanas.
- New 9,300-square-foot outdoor plaza featuring new dining options, indoor/outdoor bar, lounge areas and entertainment venues.
- New dining options featuring Litchfield’s, Red’s Bar & Grill and the Wigwam Bar.
- The Southwest’s only 54 holes of championship golf, including two of the state’s four courses designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. led by The Gold Course, one of Arizona’s majestic courses.
- The only resort with guest access to five golf courses, including the Arizona Biltmore Country Club.
- Golf club and pro shop, featuring Red’s Bar & Grill which serves fresh American cuisine.
- Seven outdoor event venues, including an 8,200-square-foot signature private wedding lawn.
- Championship tennis facility, featuring nine-illuminated tennis courts, including a stadium court.
- Fitness Center.
- The Red Door Salon & Spa
- Two Custom, Regulation Masonry Bocce Ball Courts, Sand Volleyball, cornhole and pingpong.
We offer complimentary shuttle service to and from The Tanger Outlets at Westgate every Thursday through Sunday from 10am – 6pm. Pick up at the resort is at the Wigwam front Drive. Our shuttle will also service points within a 5 mile radius from the resort. All reservations for the shuttle can be made directly with our Bell Desk. The Wigwam shuttle seats 14.
Concierge, Front Desk and PBX Operators available to assist guests with information about local attractions and restaurants
Same day laundry and dry cleaning services available for items turned in before 8am
State-of-the-art golf club rental
Our Arizona luxury resort features 331 guest rooms, including 70 luxurious suites and two presidential suites, the Oraibi Suite and the Bacabi Suite. The Oraibi Suite offers 5,000 square feet, including a parlor-style sitting room and patio lounge and private bedroom suite that can accommodate up to 40 people and sleeps eight. The Bacabi Suite spans 3,500 square feet with separate bedroom suite with private entrance, sitting area and patio and sleeps up to six.
Check-In: 4pm; Check-Out: 11am
Resort Charge & Inclusions >
GUEST ROOM AMENITIES:
Our Arizona luxury resort features 331 guest rooms, including 70 luxurious suites and two presidential suites, the Oraibi Suite and the Bacabi Suite. The Oraibi Suite offers 5,000 square feet, including a parlor-style sitting room and patio lounge and private bedroom suite that can accommodate up to 40 people and sleeps eight. The Bacabi Suite spans 3,500 square feet with separate bedroom suite with private entrance, sitting area and patio and sleeps up to six. The Wigwam’s guestrooms are 100% smoke-free. Guests are welcome to smoke on their designated patio or terrace. We are happy to provide an ashtray upon request.
MEETINGS & EVENTS:
Featuring 100,000 square feet of sophisticated indoor and outdoor meeting and event spaces, including the 10,800-square-foot Wigwam Ballroom and 25 separate meeting rooms, a business center with wireless high-speed Internet and audio and visual specialists. Multiple indoor and outdoor wedding ceremony and reception sites are also on-property, including a new signature wedding lawn that offers a private outdoor location for weddings and events up to 300 guests and the new poolside al fresco terrace. The resort’s signature venue, Sunset Point, offers the ultimate Cowboy Town experience with a stunning backdrop of the Arizona desert.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD $25 per pet, per day.
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply.
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
300 Wigwam Boulevard,
Litchfield Park, Arizona 85340
Just 15 miles west of downtown Phoenix and a 30 minute drive from Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).