LEGENDARY WIGWAM RESORT FOCUSES ON FAMILIES & FUN THIS SUMMER
Rates From $79 Include Access To An Action-Packed Summer Including Animal Encounters, American West Experiences, Free Golf For Kids and More
Phoenix, Ariz. (June 1, 2010) – This summer you’ll notice something refreshingly different at Arizona’s legendary Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa as the resort’s new owner, sports legend Jerry Colangelo, puts the focus back on family with non-stop family entertainment and rates starting at just $79.
The legendary Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa is celebrating its 80th anniversary with a return to family values and education through entertainment offered all summer long. Special programs have been designed to appeal to children of all ages to create special experiences and lasting memories. Activities include weekly animal encounters hosted by the renowned Wildlife World Zoo where kids come face-to-face with nature, including the exclusive “Reptile Petting Zoo;” the Sports Mania program that focuses on fitness and fun, including tennis clinics and unique golf experiences; and interactive poolside games from water balloon volleyball to dizzy duck races.
For the ladies, Mommy & Me manicures include a complimentary mini-manicure for girls with mom’s paid treatment and the “La Petite Princess” program lets every girl be a true princess with hair, nails and makeup offered at the resort’s Red Door Spa. On the greens, golfers can wind down on their choice of the resort’s three 18-hole championship courses, where kids under 15 play free with a paying adult, and complimentary range balls are offered weekdays from 3-5 p.m. for all guests. Inside the resort, a family game room and Game Stop teen gaming room offer the latest Xbox, PS3 and Wii games until 10 p.m. each night.
Weekend nights at the Wigwam feature cool extended fun and authentic American West activities with poolside dining, fireside marshmallow roasting and s’ mores and picturesque sunset movies hosted under the stars. Thursday-Saturday evenings, join one of Arizona’s most renowned Native American cultural interpreters from the Hopi tribe for an unforgettable destination experience including an in-depth show and tell, flashlight tours and fireside chat about the night sky, desert flora and fauna, history and legends of Arizona and more. For adults, live entertainment takes the stage each weekend and features 11th Hour Happy Hour starting at 10 p.m. at Red’s Bar.
This summer, the Wigwam is offering the following special rates and packages for families and golf enthusiasts. All offers are per night, plus tax, based on availability. For reservations, please call (623) 935-3811 or visit www.wigwamresort.com.
- Dine-In and Dive-In Summer Rates from $79, Standard Rates from $89- Save 30 percent with rates from $79 to Dine-In and Dive-In at the Wigwam this summer if you pre-book by June 13 for stays through Sept. 6. Valid June 1-September 6, 2010. After June 13, enjoy mid-week rates from $89 and weekend rates from $99. Valid June 1-September 6, 2010.
- 4th of July Weekend Fireworks Celebration from $109- The Great American Picnic at the Wigwam is Arizona’s largest resort fireworks celebration. All inclusive two- and three-night packages are available and include room, breakfast and access to the Picnic’s family barbecue, fireworks and live entertainment all weekend. Valid July 1-4, 2010. Please note, the Great American Picnic and fireworks will be held Saturday, July 3.
- Tee It Up Package from $179- The only Phoenix resort with access to five golf courses, enjoy unlimited golf for two people, overnight Adobe Fairway accommodations and breakfast for two at the AAA-rated Arizona Kitchen.
Home to 54 holes of championship golf, including two courses designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones, Sr., guests of the Wigwam can also enjoy golf at the Arizona Biltmore Country Club in Phoenix. Rates from $179. Valid June 1-September 6, 2010.
- $99 Spa Specials at The Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa at the Wigwam- Indulge in one of the Valley’s most decadent spa experiences this summer at The Red Door Spa located at the Wigwam Resort. June- August, enjoy a $99 50-minute Swedish Massage or Essential Facial, $65 Warm Cream Mani/Pedi Combo and 20 percent off all hair services. Offers are available with select technicians and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
- Golfer’s Pamper and Play $50 Spa Special- After enjoying a round on the Wigwam’s 54 holes of championship golf, enjoy a 50-minute massage for only $50. Offer available up to a week after you tee off and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Golf receipt must be presented to spa front desk representative at time of check-in to guarantee this special rate.
In addition, all summer long guests of the Wigwam will be provided a “Family Value Pack” that includes special deals and discounts at neighboring Phoenix attractions including complimentary admission to the coveted Wildlife World Zoo and Arizona Science Center for kids with a paid adult ticket, and the ability to purchase discounted passes for the new Wet n’ Wild Water park, complimentary guided tours of Cerreta’s Candy Company, discounted Harkins Theater passes and more.
In November, the Wigwam celebrated 80 years as one of the Southwest’s most cherished landmarks and is now under new ownership of JDM Partners, LLC. JDM Partners is led by partners Mel Shultz, David Eaton and Jerry Colangelo, a leading sports executive and the Chairman of the NBA Phoenix Suns. The Wigwam is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts.
About the Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa
The Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa recently celebrated its 80th anniversary as one of the Phoenix area’s first full-service resorts. The Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa is an intimate retreat that blends casual elegance with the charm of authentic Arizona. A one-of-a-kind resort destination with a spirit all its own, the Wigwam features 331 guest casitas including 72 suites crafted from traditional territorial adobe architecture surrounded by lush landscaped walkways, fragrant citrus tree-lined enclaves and floral and rose gardens. Offering an unforgettable experience to reconnect and escape the hustle and bustle of daily life, the Wigwam is home to the only 54 holes of golf in the Southwest, a signature Red Door Spa, the AAA Four Diamond-rated Red’s Steakhouse and the legendary Arizona Kitchen. The Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa is located in Litchfield Park, Ariz. in the West Valley of greater Phoenix. For more information, visit www.wigwamresort.com or call (623) 935-3811.
About Destination Hotels & Resorts
Destination Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest independent hospitality management companies in the country with more than 30 luxury and upscale hotels, resorts and conference centers. DH&R has over 30 years in the Valley of the Sun operating two successful hospitality establishments which include Royal Palms Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Tempe Mission Palms Hotel in downtown Tempe, and most recently Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa. Destination operates properties in key metropolitan areas and resort markets including Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Denver, San Diego, Santa Fe, Aspen, Palm Springs, Houston and Lake Tahoe. Destination is a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based investment, development and management firm Lowe. To protect and preserve the unique communities in which the company operates, Destination launched Destination Earth, an environmental sustainability program in 2008. For more information on the properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection, please visit www.destinationhotels.com.