Resort Fact Sheet
The Wigwam was originally built in 1918 as a gathering place for the Ohio-based executives of Goodyear Tire & Rubber who discovered the West Valley of Phoenix as a prime location to grow cotton for rubber production. As the retreat grew in popularity, additional accommodations and amenities were added and in 1929 The Wigwam opened as a full-service resort with accommodations for just 24 guests.
In its 80-year history, this Phoenix resort has hosted some of the world's most recognized public figures and sports legends and maintains a reputation as one of the Southwest's landmark resort destinations. Today, The Wigwam continues to be a travel tradition for generations of families across the globe offering an entirely unique Arizona family resort experience where casual elegance meets historic charm. In December 2009, The Wigwam was purchased by JDM Partners, led by sports icon Jerry Colangelo.
In January 2011, the resort unveiled the completion of a $7 million rejuvenation project and re-launch under its original name - The Wigwam.
- Four pools, including a brand-new main pool that feature separate kids/adult zones, dual waterslides, water play features and luxury cabanas.
- New 9,300-square-foot outdoor plaza featuring new dining options, indoor/outdoor bar, lounge areas and entertainment venues.
- New dining options featuring Litchfield’s, Red’s Bar & Grill and the Wigwam Bar.
- The Southwest's only 54 holes of championship golf, including two of the state's four courses designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. led by The Golf Course, one of Arizona's majestic courses.
- The only resort with guest access to five golf courses, including the Arizona Biltmore Country Club.
- Golf club and pro shop, featuring Red's Bar & Grill which serves fresh American cuisine.
- Seven outdoor event venues, including an 8,200-square-foot signature private wedding lawn.
- Championship tennis facility, featuring nine-illuminated tennis courts, including a stadium court.
- Fitness Center.
- Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden.
- On-site world class golf school facilities.
- Bocce Ball Court.
- Concierge, Front Desk and PBX Operators available to assist guests with information about local attractions and restaurants
- Same day laundry and dry cleaning services available for items turned in before 8am
- State-of-the-art golf club rental
- $22 Resort Fee
Our Arizona luxury resort features 331 guest rooms, including 70 luxurious suites and two presidential suites, the Oraibi Suite and the Bacabi Suite. The Oraibi Suite offers 5,000 square feet, including a parlor-style sitting room and patio lounge and private bedroom suite that can accommodate up to 40 people and sleeps eight. The Bacabi Suite spans 3,500 square feet with separate bedroom suite with private entrance, sitting area and patio and sleeps up to six.
Guest Room Amenities:
Featuring modern décor with Old West influences, each casita-style guest room is surrounded by rows of colorful flowers, lush green lawns and towering palms. Rooms offer plush beds with imported Italian linens, oversized bathrooms with private vanities, high-speed Internet access and expansive private patios with views.
Meetings & Events:
Over 43,000 square feet of sophisticated indoor and outdoor meeting and event spaces, including the 10,800-square-foot Wigwam Ballroom and 25 separate meeting rooms, a business center with wireless high-speed Internet and audio and visual specialists. Multiple indoor and outdoor wedding ceremony and reception sites are also on-property, including a new signature wedding lawn that offers a private outdoor location for weddings and events up to 300 guests and the new poolside al fresco terrace. The resort's signature venue, Sunset Point, offers the ultimate Cowboy Town experience with a stunning backdrop of the Arizona desert.
300 Wigwam Boulevard, Litchfield Park, Arizona 85340
Just 20 minutes west of downtown Phoenix and Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).