How To Spa
Whether you are a veteran or newbie, welcome to our Phoenix spa resort! The Red Door Spa provides the perfect first- or hundredth-experience, as our spa therapists are as warm and accommodating as they are knowledgeable. Here are some suggestions for getting the most out of your visit.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before your appointment so you have time to check in, change into your robe and slippers and, most importantly, relax.
- Come sooner if you’d like to use the steam room or sauna. The warmth will help relax your muscles, adding to the effectiveness of your massage. A hot shower can provide the same result.
- Bring your swimsuit for the lap pool and exercise clothes for fitness classes, if you like.
- If you have a medical condition we need to know about, please tell us when you reserve your appointment.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages the day of your treatment and try to avoid eating for at least an hour beforehand. Drink plenty of water before and after your treatment.
- If you are getting a massage, you may go nude, keep your underwear on or wear a swimsuit-whatever makes you most comfortable. Bear in mind that you will be covered with a sheet at all times, with only the massaged areas being exposed.
- Let your therapist know if you’d like any adjustments to pressure, music or temperature. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us create an ideally personalized experience.
- Feel free to talk or be quiet during your treatment. Your therapist will follow suit.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please let us know 24 hours in advance in order to avoid charges.
- Please do not bring children under the age of 16.
- Please contribute to the spa’s restful atmosphere by turning off your cell phone and pagers.
- Standard tips for therapists are 15% to 20%, best left at the reception desk. If you were given a gift certificate, please ask if the tip was included.