After another summer of successful West Valley Family Night events, The Wigwam is once again teaming up with Radio Disney Phoenix to bring you the first ever Wigwam Day of Play on from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on February 1, 2014.
In collaboration with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Lifetime Fitness and other amazing partners, we will be hosting a fun-filled day of family-friendly activities on The Wigwam’s Front Lawn designed to get your kids up, active and excited about health and nutrition!
The Try It! Zone, hosted by Radio Disney Phoenix, will include various exciting activities for your kids to try out (details TBA). Kids will also be able to collaborate on and help with the construction of a 5,000- 10,000-piece Lego build in order to encourage their imagination and creativity, hosted by Bonanza Education. Then head over to the pirate-themed obstacle course from Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Kohl’s FIT and have your child test their agility.
We are also excited to announce the Walk On! Kids Cooking Challenge, hosted by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. Designed to encourage children to try healthy food, the contest is open to any Arizona child between the ages of 9 and 12. Rules and deadlines are below:
- Children and their parents can submit a recipe for a healthy hot or cold side dish
- The recipe must include at least one fruit and/or vegetable
- The recipe must be able to be cooked in 20 minutes (not including prep time)
- Judges will pre-select the top 5 recipes based on originality, taste, and nutrition
- The 5 finalists will be invited to present their recipes at our Day of Play to a panel of judges including culinary and nutrition experts
- Recipes will be accepted anytime between January 1 – 22
- After the event, the recipes will be posted online for a public vote between February 3 – 12. Judges’ votes will be combined with public votes to determine the winner.
All finalists will receive fun prizes, with the grand prize winner receiving a bicycle. They may also be invited to show off their recipe on local TV! For complete rules and entry instructions, visit www.walkonaz.com.
Here at The Wigwam, we love our local community and want to encourage all Arizona children to be active and try new things. We will be adding more partners, events, and details in the coming weeks, so check back for updates. We’ll see you on February 1!